Today Americans are more health-conscious, much more aware of their own bodies, and considerably more knowledgeable about physical health and illness in general. Palo Alto County Hospital, along with Mercy Health Network, is offering a new program, where an individual can come to the laboratory and receive wellness screens without a physician’s order. Wellness Laboratory Testing allows the public to manage their health and health concerns. Wellness Laboratory Testing is not meant as a substitute for regular medical care; it is a quick, easy and inexpensive way for people to receive wellness laboratory test results.
About Wellness Testing:
- A physician’s order is not required for these tests.
- Tests are offered at Palo Alto County Hospital, Graettinger Medical Clinic, and the Mercy Health Network, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. At Palo Alto County Hospital, please register at the Hospital registration desk and ask for Lab Wellness.
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The customer, if 18 or older, or parent/legal guardian if the person is under age 18, consents to take responsibility for the follow up of abnormal results.
- A physician will review critical test results.
- Payment for the tests must be received at the time of service in cash or check; insurance will not be billed.
- The results will be sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen. You are encouraged to share these results with your health care provider at your next appointment.
- Please note that some of the tests require fasting.
We offer these Wellness Options:
Hematology Wellness $15.00
White Blood Count
Red Blood Count and Indices
(Checks for anemia, infections)
Glucose Wellness* $10.00
Sodium and Potassium Wellness $10.00
Cholesterol Wellness* $10.00
ALT Wellness* $10.00
AST Wellness* $10.00
Lipid + Glucose Wellness* $30.00
LDL Cholesterol (calc)
Cholesterol/HDL Ratio (calc)
Chemistry Wellness* $30.00
Alkaline Phosphatase (Liver)
Uric Acid (Gout)
Total Protein (Nutritional Status)
Hemoglobin A1C Wellness* $30.00
- Glycohemoglobin (Diabetes)
TSH Wellness* $40.00
Free T4 Wellness $40.00
High Sensitivity CRP Wellness* $25.00
- High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein (Cardiac)
Any recent illness, tissues injury, infection, arthritis, or general inflammation will increase the amount of CRP. Waiting 2 weeks for testing after the resolution of any acute disease is recommended to avoid falsely elevated results. Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (like aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and Naproxen) or statins (a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs) may reduce CRP levels in blood.
PSA Wellness* $45.00
- Prostate Specific Antigen
PSA levels can also be elevated in a number of conditions other than cancer, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy (noncancerous enlargement of the prostate), prostates (inflammation or infection of the prostate), and after manipulation of the prostate (i.e., after a prostate biopsy or urinary catheterization). Waiting three months for testing is recommended after biopsy or manipulation.
Blood Type $20.00
Urine Microalbumin Wellness $25.00
Urine Microalbumin (Diabetes)
Vitamin D $65.00
Vitamin D is a hormone, produced by the skin, carried by the bloodstream to the liver and then processed by the kidneys. Vitamin D helps absorb calcium from the intestines and promotes bone mineralization. Vitamin D deficiency may lead to a variety of disorders, such as osteoporosis.
Fecal Occult Blood $35.00
Checks for human blood in patient stool samples which is an early indication of lower gastrointestinal bleeding, polyps or colorectal cancer.
* Indicates that an Individual should be fasting. Fasting, for the laboratory, means no solid or liquid food for 12 hours and no alcohol 24 hours prior to specimen collection. Water should be taken in normal amounts and you should continue taking your medications as directed by your provider.