If you are pregnant, or are thinking about starting a family, you will have to make many decisions. One of the most important is where to have your baby.
At Palo Alto County Hospital, it is our privilege and joy to treat every birth as the most important event in the world. We take care of every aspect of maternity care, from making expectant mothers and fathers feel at home, to offering classes on prenatal care, infant CPR, and classes for the new baby’s siblings.
From our one-to-one labor and delivery nursing, to our private, home-like suites, PACHS’s dedicated OB team and support staff pay close attention to every detail of your stay, safely and compassionately guiding you through the birth of your little one. Palo Alto County Hospital physicians Jennifer Boevers, D.O., Abena Krow-Rodney, M.D., Madhan Prabhakaran, M.D., and Daunyale Sporaa, D.O., are all trained and have years of experience in obstetrics and look forward to making this event as special as you hope it will be.
At Palo Alto County Hospital, we are dedicated to meeting the special needs of each patient. We ensure a close family experience by offering a warm, home-like atmosphere for your baby’s birth. Specially trained nurses provide sensitive, supportive and personalized care in a family-centered manner throughout your stay in our birthing rooms.
The Birth Center at Palo Alto County Hospital features three birthing suites, private bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. The birthing suites are Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Postpartum (LDRP) rooms so the family stays in the same room during their entire stay. The department is private and secure, allowing families the opportunity to truly enjoy the experience without feeling like they are in the hospital.
At Palo Alto County Hospital’s Birth Center, you will find:
- Advanced infant security system for your peace of mind.
- Electronic medical charting and state-of-the art central fetal monitors provide the most up-to-date technology for your safety and that of your baby.
- Physicians and nurses nationally certified in electronic fetal monitoring.
- Experienced nurses giving personalized, around-the-clock care for both mother and baby.
- Pain management options
- Private rooms with sleeping accommodations for your partner and rooming-in for your newborn.
- Breast-feeding support from licensed lactation consultants
- One-on-one staffing during active labor.
- Support for your choice of birth plan.
- Relationships with regional medical centers if your infant should need specialized care after birth.
- Wireless Internet access
- Complimentary baby gift from PACHS
- Free birth certificate and hearing screen.
- Home care visits, if recommended by your physician, to care for your needs once you arrive home.
- Breastfeeding Clinics where you can find answers from experienced nurses.
Before the birth of your baby, we offer:
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Sibling Classes for Children to Prepare for a New Brother or Sister
- Tours of the Birth Center
On your first OB visit, tour the Birth Center, meet our staff...and you may even get a peek at some of our new arrivals! After the tour, enjoy a complimentary copy of the book “What to Expect While Your Expecting”.
To make an appointment for pre-natal care, call Family Practice Clinic in Emmetsburg at 712-852-5555.